HR Adviser and Paralegal
We are a highly regarded, niche business services law firm looking for an experienced HR practitioner or paralegal looking for an exciting new challenge.
The team is based in Truro, but this role is suitable for those wishing to work from home remotely on a flexible/part-time basis.
We act for an impressive and diverse client base from exciting start-up businesses, established family-owned enterprises to large group companies across a range of sectors including technology, food, energy and renewables. Our clients are a mix of some of the best brands in Cornwall as well as a number of national clients.
We are looking for an experienced HR adviser or employment paralegal to take an integral role in building our fast-growing employment law department. You will work with our employment team to offer tailored HR and employment law services to a number of local and national businesses, and to play a key role in shaping the future of our HR Support Service.
Ideally you will have an established following of clients, but it is the ability to demonstrate the skills to build and foster strong client relationships that is key. You will have gained appropriate experience either as an in house adviser, with an existing business offering HR support services or as an independent HR consultant.
You will be working closely with our clients to provide expert advice and a generalist support to HR functions.
The candidate will need to be able to competently:
* Assist with recruitment and induction processes
* Draft and prepare employment contracts, job descriptions, policies, procedures and staff handbooks
* Draft letters for issues to include, redundancy, grievance, disciplinary, maternity and long-term sickness
* Assist with appraisal processes
* Undertake internal workplace investigations on behalf of our clients
* Assist with workplace health and safety and employee wellbeing
* Handle disciplinary and grievance hearings
* Offer employment law and management training
In addition to the above, you will also assist and support our employment lawyers with technical employment law matters and employment tribunal claims.
We are looking for someone who has:
* A real interest in business development with the ability to build both internal and external networks and professionally represent the firm alongside colleagues
* The ability and confidence to prepare employment bulletins and articles
* A team player who also has the ability to work independently and thrives on achieving the right result for each individual clients
* Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A passion for delivering a client-focused service which delivers clear, commercially considered solutions and advice
* CIPD qualifications desirable, but not essential if equivalent qualifications and experience can be demonstrated.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone who is resilient, innovative and committed to becoming part of our forward-thinking team.
We will support you to develop your skills and experience.
Usual working hours: Flexible working opportunity. Minimum hours to be discussed on application.
* Flexible / agile / home working
* Individual and firm performance related bonus scheme
* Career development
Details of salary and benefits on application and dependant on experience.
Please send your CV and a covering application to Henry Maples, Partner by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.