Employment Solicitor (Maternity Cover)
The firm and the role
We are a highly regarded, niche business services law firm looking for an experienced employment solicitor (or equivalent qualification) with five years+ PQE to head our employment department for a fixed-term to cover maternity leave.
The team is based in Truro, but this role is not location-specific and is suitable for those wishing to work from home remotely on a flexible/part-time basis.
We act for an impressive and diverse client base from exciting start-up businesses, established family-owned enterprises to large group companies across a range of sectors including technology, food, energy and renewables. Our clients are a mix of some of the best brands in Cornwall as well as a number of national clients. Our employment clients are predominately employers, but we also offer employment advice to directors, senior employees and others looking for a high level, personal service.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, proactive and confident at advising on a full-range of employment issues.
The ideal candidate will be commercially minded and have experience advising in relation to both contentious and non-contentious aspects of employment law including:
* Employment contracts
* Employment tribunal claims
* Settlement agreements and mutually agreed exits
* TUPE and corporate support
* Workplace HR support
You will have:
* the ability to work independently when required and collaboratively as part of a team
* the drive to think outside the box and achieve the best result for each client based on their individual circumstances
* a real interest in business development with the ability to build networks and professionally represent the firm alongside your colleagues
* a passion for delivering a client-focused service which delivers clear, commercially considered solutions and advice.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone who is ambitious, resilient, innovative and committed to become part of our forward-thinking team.
We genuinely offer and support a good work life balance without compromising on client service.
Usual working hours: To be discussed on application.
Please send your CV and a covering application to Henry Maples, Partner by email to email@example.com.