The firm and the role
We are a small business services law firm and thrilled to be looking for an energetic and enthusiastic corporate/commercial solicitor with 0-2 years PQE to join our successful Corporate Commercial team.
The team is based in Truro and we act for an impressive and diverse client base from exciting start-up businesses, established family-owned enterprises to large group companies across a range of sectors including technology, food, energy and renewables. Our clients are a mix of some of the best brands in Cornwall as well as a number of national and European clients.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and proactive. Ideally your experience will have been gained in a reputable firm with a substantial corporate law practice.
We are looking for someone who has:
* a good general grounding in corporate law
* knowledge of corporate transactions including; mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-structures and joint ventures and shareholder and investor agreements
* knowledge of business-to-business commercial contracts
* the ability to work independently when required and, importantly, collaboratively as part of a team
* a real interest in business development with the ability to build networks and professionally represent the firm alongside your colleagues (don’t worry, you won’t be left to go it alone until you’re ready!)
* a passion for delivering a client-focused service which delivers clear, commercially considered solutions and advice.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone who is ambitious, resilient, innovative and committed to become part of our forward-thinking team.
We will support you to develop your skills and experience and there are excellent prospects here for career development.
We genuinely offer and support a good work life balance without compromising on client service.
Usual working hours: 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Please send your CV and a covering application to Henry Maples, Partner by email to email@example.com.